Why is my package delayed?
Holiday Shipping 2020
A Picture is worth a Thousand Words. Postal centers across the US from this week.
- 12-19-20 CBS News Update: Holiday shipping loads delaying 10 million packages a day (msn.com)
- We’re committed to shipping on time and your important package was shipped when you got the notification. We bring all packages daily to our regional USPS distribution center (which is a drop off point for businesses and retail USPS locations) and the postal worker there explained:
- Packages are no longer being scanned at drop off, which makes tracking nonexistent and leaves our customers believing we never shipped. You will only see "Pre-transit", which just means we printed the label, it was dropped off, and it never got activated at any point.
- In California and surrounding states there are mail workers out because of Covid and there are trucks full of mail that aren’t getting unloaded on time because they don't have the staff, as these mail staff are in quarantine for 2 weeks.
- We get the same tracking information you do in your shipping confirmation emails.
Please locate your tracking link sent when your package shipped and click on it for any updates USPS may have. We have the same information you do and don’t have a secret back end way of making it get there faster or seeing something you can’t see. I wish we could.
Sign up on the USPS website for shipping notifications. This sometimes helps get your packages moving. (Click on your tracking link and it will take you to the USPS website and a place to enter your email for updates).
- Current notice on USPS website: ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND REMAIN COMMITTED TO DELIVERING THE HOLIDAYS TO YOU.
- UPS and Fedex are having the same issues and have refused to pickup some packages because they don’t have the staff and have been re-routing some packages to USPS.
- The GOOD NEWS! USPS is dependable and the reason I use them for your important packages. I’ve not had one single package get lost. They are just getting there slower than usual. Some are arriving in 3-4 days like they used to, but more are taking up to 2 weeks.
- If this is a Christmas Gift, we have provided a Gift Note that is printable that you can insert into a Holiday Card explaining that their gift is being created by a team of artists.
- Print your Note Card Here!
I appreciate your patience and kindness as we all navigate the ‘new normal’ together.
Dea & the Elves at Blackberry Designs Jewelry